Thursday, November 4, 2010

A philosophical agility halloweekend

P1030056

Had a wonderful two days of agility this past Halloween weekend. There were costumes, there were friends, there were lots of runs, and lots of successes.

As I sat down to write about what happened just a few days ago, it occurred to me that I have no idea how many qualifying runs we had, how many times we placed, or what those placements were. And I think this reflects my philosophy about competition:

1. Put in your best performance

2. Learn from your mistakes

3. Remember to have fun

4. Whether you win or lose, experience the moment, and then move on

5. Be grateful for the opportunity to compete

Here is what I do remember about the weekend:

  • Spending quality time with my wife, dogs and agility friends
  • Watching Django get his mojo back
  • Completing two runs with Tristan and having him remain sound, even days later
  • A great costume contest
  • A magical jumper’s run with Maebe
  • Well timed lead-out-pivots, serpentines, and back-to-back rear crosses, all of which we have worked really hard on  
  • Figuring out what I need to work on next

Django with his mojo restoring costume:

CIMG0020

No comments:

Post a Comment