Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Legend

CIMG0054

Last weekend I ran in my longest trail run of the season (5 miles). It was at a somewhat off the beaten-path state park that features a lake, a large campground, and miles of trails. 

What made this race special is that the park, known as Sleepy Hollow, is haunted by a headless horseman who has been known to chase runners down, lopping off the heads of the slowest of the group…

Oh wait, that didn’t happen. I guess what made this race special was we that got to camp with the dogs at a very nice park with private campsites, that I ran hard and had fun (and placed 4th in my age group 32 overall out of a field of 232), that Angela and Cadence were there to cheer me on, and that all of the dogs got to go hiking, with Cadence starting to log miles towards his pack dog title.

 CadePack

No comments:

Post a Comment